One of the most important jobs of any Sunday school leader
is to develop a God centered relationship with their students.
This relationship models the love of God and his grace in
Here are some tips to build this very important
- Deliberately talk to your students every Sunday.
- Ask them questions about their life and how they are
- Talk to the parents of your children and tell them how
much you appreciate their child.
- Compliment each child every week.
- Tell each child that God loves them each week.
- Always say goodbye at the end of the day and tell them
that you are looking forward to seeing them next week.
- Do activities with your students. Whenever possible,
actually do the crafts, games, and fun stuff of Sunday school with your
- Tell your students that you like spending time with
- Learn to read the moods of your students and adjust
your day accordingly.
- Make eye contact and kneel down to the kids level.